JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police say a 2-vehicle crash resulted in a fatality Thursday night.
Police responded to the 245 mile-marker on Interstate 64 in James City County around 9 p.m. for the crash.
Investigators found that the driver of a Dodge Ram had pulled over on the right shoulder of the interstate after his vehicle became disabled. He was outside the vehicle when a tractor-trailer lost control and struck the Dodge and its driver. The tractor-trailer then hit a tree.
The 63-year-old driver of the Dodge, Yaw Afriyie Acheampong Jr., of Maryland, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Gleen Fuselier Jr., the driver of the tractor-trailer, was not seriously hurt. Police charged him with reckless driving.
Police will release additional information as it becomes available.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- 2 high school teachers in Norfolk selected to paint BLM mural in NEON District
- Hampton Roads Human Trafficking Task Force sees increase of victims, especially minors, during pandemic
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car