JAMES CITY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Fire-rescue officials in James City County say two people were injured after a single boating incident Friday afternoon.
One person’s injuries are considered “critical,” James City County Fire Chief Ryan Ashe said.
Ashe said the incident happened on the Chickahominy River.
The boaters were able to make it back to shore at Brickyard Landing.
One person was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries, while the other was flown to Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond with critical injuries.
As of Friday afternoon, the cause of the incident was unknown.
The Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources — previously called the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries — is investigating.
- Conservation group helps preserve historic Portsmouth land
- Promising solution on the horizon for sewer system problems for Moyock community
- “I still think it’s ridiculous;” Why do Norfolk State and ODU rarely meet?
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries following Coliseum Dr. shooting in Hampton