VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — With temperatures beginning to drop, Virginia Natural Gas (VNG) wants customers to know it is committed to assisting all customers, especially those in need, with a range of bill payment assistance programs.
“We understand that when temperatures drop, energy consumption will rise, putting pressure on household budgets. VNG is committed to ensuring our customers are well informed of the resources they have available to help them when times get hard,” said Robert Duvall, President of Virginia Natural Gas. “We care about our customers, and we will offer them all our practical support.”
Listed below are several resources that can assist with household heating bills:
- LIHEAP Enrollment: The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is open for enrollment from Oct. 10-Nov. 10, 2023. LIHEAP aids individuals in paying heating expenses and applications can be submitted through local social services.
- EnergyShare Program: Administered by the Salvation Army, EnergyShare is a year-long energy assistance program which VNG supports through voluntary contributions from our employees and customers
- Crisis Assistance: Crisis assistance is intended for emergency situations only and will help eligible households when fuel assistance and other resources do not meet their needs.
- Deferred Payment Arrangements: Customers who do not qualify for energy assistance or have a past due balance are encouragd to set up payment arrangements with VNG in order to prevent disconnection.
- 211 Virginia: 211 Virginia connects individuals or families in need to important community resources like emergency shelter, food, clothing or financial assistance.
To learn more about about energy assistance programs at Virginia Natural Gas visit the website.