VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A young child drowned Monday morning after falling into a hotel pool at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, police say.
It happened around 11:10 a.m. at the Rodeway Inn by the Beach on Pacific Avenue. Police say adults at the scene were performing CPR when medics arrived and the child was taken to the hospital, where they were pronounced dead. The child was under the age of 5.
No other details in the cases were available in a press release Monday afternoon, but police say the case is being investigated by VBPD’s detective bureau.
- ‘Olympic athletes are dying:’ Doc sheds light on suicide among Olympians
- Possible tornado causes widespread damage in Kilmarnock
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say
- Cardinals catcher Molina tests positive for COVID-19; names of other infected players released
- Missouri mayor defends concerts, parties during COVID-19 pandemic