VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A woman in Virginia Beach has been detained after allegedly striking 3 parked cars and a pedestrian in what appeared to be a hit-and-run incident Sunday.
The incident began Sunday just after 12 p.m. when officers were called to the 3800 block of Princess Anne Road for a property damage call.
Initial investigations reveal that the suspect vehicle fled the scene and continued to the parking lot of a nearby gym where a pedestrian was struck.
After that, reports say the vehicle drove away again before being finally stopped on Sunstream Parkway. There were a total of three parked cars and 1 pedestrian struck by the suspect vehicle.
The pedestrian sustained non life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the suspect vehicle, a still-unidentified woman, was detained on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. Officials say she was sent to a local hospital with minor injuries sustained from the incident.
The case remains under investigation. Officials say charges are still pending.
- Hunter falls out of tree stand in Newsoms, flown to trauma center for injuries
- Emergency SNAP benefits extended through December
- York County Schools shift to remote learning this week to prevent potential coronavirus spike
- Surry courts, clerk’s office to close Monday and Tuesday
- Auto-pedestrian crash leaves 1 with injuries in Norfolk