VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach is digging into a cold case more than 40 years thawing with a digital twist.
Virginia Beach TV is premiering its very own true-crime, mystery series starting with a cold case that happened more than 40 years ago in the tourist city.
On August 23, 1978, 18-year-old Barbara Jean Monaco went to a bar while on vacation in Virginia Beach and was never heard from again.
Now investigators are hoping the series will help the case gain traction once more.
Watch the official trailer for the series below.
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore asking for public input on Oregon Inlet Marina updates
- Second Virginia Beach check washing case linked to post office mailbox
- Minimum wage shot down from American Rescue Plan as ‘vote-a-rama’ is in full swing
- One of 1st Black engineers hired by NASA during Space Race dies after sudden illness
- Newport News police asking for help finding suspect in shooting that injured 13-year-old