VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach is digging into a cold case more than 40 years thawing with a digital twist.
Virginia Beach TV is premiering its very own true-crime, mystery series starting with a cold case that happened more than 40 years ago in the tourist city.
On August 23, 1978, 18-year-old Barbara Jean Monaco went to a bar while on vacation in Virginia Beach and was never heard from again.
Now investigators are hoping the series will help the case gain traction once more.
Watch the official trailer for the series below.
- Puppy pipeline runs from Georgia northward to adoptive homes in Virginia
- Blog: Foggy, Calm Weekend; Rain & Wind Pump in Monday
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- COVID-19 puts traditional visits with Santa to the test
- New businesses celebrate opening up shop in Hampton amid coronavirus pandemic