VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) -- The countdown is officially on.
Wegmans on Thursday announced April 28 as the opening date for its brand-new Virginia Beach store.
The store is being built near the intersection of Virginia Beach and Independence boulevards, near the Town Center skyline.
Wegmans said in a news release it is looking to hire 315 part-time employees. The grocery store started hiring for various full-time positions in late-August.
Hiring for full-time positions is still on-going, the company said. Anyone interested in applying can visit the careers section of Wegmans' website.
"We seek friendly people who are passionate about food and ready to learn and grow. New employees begin training shortly after they’re brought on board so that they’re knowledgeable about our products and well prepared to offer incredible customer service," Wegmans Store Manager Mike Coyle said in a statement.
In total, the supermarket will employ 500 people for the 113,000 square foot Virginia Beach location.
Coyle said, "The store is taking shape beautifully. With our clock tower now in place, the exterior is nearly complete."
- 19-year-old, 3 juveniles arrested in connection to Va. Beach teen's murder
- Authorities: Multiple reports of bomb threats across Hampton Roads
- Perquimans County teacher dies after school fire drill
- Va. Beach city treasurer says he's resigning after 41 years
- Local transportation leaders vote for HRBT expansion project
- Sentara mandates vaccines for all employees
- Blog: Warming Up, But Moisture Increases
York County Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.