VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Staff members at a local senior living community in Virginia beach are celebrating the arrival of COVID-19 vaccines.
In a press release sent by Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay staff Monday, they said they are grateful that residents at their nursing center, The Hoy, along with fellow staff members have been vaccinated.
“The vaccine is the most powerful tool we have in stopping the spread of this disease,” said Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay President and CEO Ben Unkle. “It feels good to finally be on offense against the virus.”
He added, “We look forward to the rest of Phase 1 when our Independent Living residents will have the benefit of the vaccine.”
- Sheriff: 3 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Wisconsin tavern
- ‘Creepy’ doorbell video shows intruder on NM family’s porch for 6 hours
- Austin shooting suspect arrested, wanted for killing 3 people
- Fauci hints coronavirus policy on face masks may change
- After the COVID vaccine: Will you need a booster shot?