VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred Sunday night.
The call came in at about 7:04 p.m. for a report of a shooting in the 200 block of Standard Lane.
Officers located a victim in the area with a gunshot wound. The man, later identified as 20-year-old Uriel Tsedeeque Williams, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the preliminary investigation showed there was a fight between Williams and another person in the nearby 100 block of Prince Street that led to the shooting. The other person remain at the scene and was detained for questioning, but so far no charges have been filed.
The shooting is still under investigation.
- Motorcyclist, SUV driver seriously injured in crash on S Military Highway in Chesapeake
- Blog: Clouds Hang Tough Today. More Rain This Week.
- Northam expected to make face coverings announcement during Tuesday’s press conference
- Teen-run organization in Virginia Beach raising money to hold prom at end of July
- Pasquotank County High School hosting virtual town hall to discuss graduation plans