VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A Virginia Beach man was arrested Thursday after he left a voicemail allegedly threatening to kill Senator Mark Warner.
According to the Department of Justice, 37-year-old Dylan Stephen Jayne was arrested on a federal criminal complaint and charged with one count of transmitting a threat via interstate commerce.
Court documents say Jayne allegedly called the Abingdon office of Senator Warner early September of last year and threatened to kill the senator over his perceived lack of receiving Social Security payments.
Authorities say they are still investigating the incident.
- Shooting at Virginia Beach oceanfront leaves one injured
- Norfolk police investigating double overnight shooting
- PHOTOS: New Springmaid Pier designed to survive Cat 4 storm
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment