VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police worked for several hours to take a man into custody following a domestic incident Friday evening.
Dispatchers said the call reporting a physical domestic situation that was in progress in the 400 block of Egret Landing came in around 5 p.m.
Police tweeted around 9:15 p.m. saying a person involved had been taken into custody.
According to reports, police say that a woman told officers she was assaulted, however the alleged victim did not complain of any injuries when interviewed.
Police say 50-year-old Kevin Lee Wells got into a verbal argument with the victim that soon turned physical.
As the victim reportedly tried to leave, Wells kept the victim from doing so, police say.
The victim was eventually able to leave the home and call emergency services.
Dispatchers initially said the incident was not a barricade situation.
Wells was arrested and charged with domestic simple assault and felony abduction.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Missouri woman who lost 11 friends and relatives to COVID-19 gives back to community
- ‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro recovering after 2 surgeries following gruesome bowling injury
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Virginia GOP says confusion remains on absentee ballot rule
- Virginia Democrats aren’t defunding the police, some proposing bonuses