VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Police received a call for a firearms violation at the McDonald’s in the 5000 block of Northampton Boulevard on Sunday night.
The call came in at 8:49 p.m.
An investigation revealed that a man got into a dispute with employees inside the restaurant.
According to reports, the man reportedly got upset about the amount of time his order was taking, so he went inside and confronted the manager where reports say he brandished a firearm and made several threats.
Police say the man then left the restaurant and began shooting a gun outside in the direction of the business.
Several employees and customers were inside the restaurant at the time.
No injuries were reported from the incident. According to police, the suspect fled the scene before units arrived.
The incident remains under active investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to call Virginia Beach Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887).
- Retired D.C. firefighter dies of COVID-19, family remembers him as a hero
- IOW family using social media to help make cloth masks
- Virginia’s secretary of finance says future uncertain
- Local dialysis patients increasingly concerned as pandemic spreads
- Dr. Fauci: ‘We need to put our foot on the accelerator’ to see an end to COVID-19 pandemic