VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court will be closed through Dec. 13 due to COVID-19.
The chief judge ordered the courts to be closed starting Wednesday, the Virginia Beach Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet Tuesday.
All cases are continued except for arraignments for incarcerated juveniles and adult defendants. All other hearings scheduled Dec. 9 through 11 will be held as a review of bond or detention status hearing Dec. 14.
The rest of the Virginia Beach Courthouse will be open for business as usual during this time.
- VSP vehicles involved in accident in Virginia Beach
- 2 families displaced after fire on Sail Court in Chesapeake
- Eight dead in mass shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility
- Carnival president says cruises will sail from Norfolk again starting in May 2022
- Newport News tactical team on Jefferson Avenue as officers try to serve warrants