VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – 10 On Your Side has an update on an accident involving a Virginia Beach Fire Department employee.
The department’s public information officer, Art Kohn, sustained serious injuries after he was hit by a vehicle while walking along Rudee Point Road last month.
Prior to this career, Kohn worked for many years at WAVY TV 10 as a photographer and military reporter.
On Friday, Nov. 6, the fire department confirmed that Kohn has been released from the hospital.
Spokesperson Amy Mack said Kohn is continuing to recover and is requesting privacy at this time.
Police issued a traffic citation to the driver involved in the Oct. 13 incident, for failure to yield to a pedestrian.
- Motorcyclist injured in crash Saturday evening in Virginia Beach
- What COVID-era travel changes are likely here to stay?
- Confederate monument in Isle of Wight moved
- ‘Born to help people’: WWII vet starts scooter fleet to help retirement home residents
- How valuable is your favorite sports team? Forbes just ranked the top 50