VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – The Virginia Beach Fire Department announced their 2022 Firefighter of the Year Wednesday.
According to a press release, Master Firefighter Vincent G. Smith III was given the prestigious award during VBFD’s annual award ceremony.
Firefighter of the Year is awarded to a firefighter that demonstrates the following department values:
- Service – Professional and trained workforce, providing for others before self.
- Caring – Using empathy and sympathy for addressing situations.
- Honesty – Just behavior principled in intention and actions.
- Trust – Reliance on the department and individuals following our core values.
- Integrity – Moral and ethical conduct at all times
Smith has been with VBFD since February 2014 and is described by peers as being someone that, “embodies what it means to be a firefighter.”
To watch the presentation of the award to MFF Smith, click here.