VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Mayor Bobby Dyer has called a special meeting to discuss public safety at the Oceanfront.
City Council will meet Thursday at 4 p.m. inside Council Chambers, 2401 Courthouse Drive.
According to the mayor, they’re set to discuss the recent violence at the Oceanfront, as well as plans ahead of the Fourth of July weekend.
- Atlantic Avenue business owner: Oceanfront needs more police on patrol at night
- Norfolk mother survives shooting at Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Staff member at Centerville Elementary School, Va. Beach tests positive for COVID-19
- Portsmouth City Hall to close beginning Monday for disinfecting; City Council meeting rescheduled
- 3 dead in NC crash that splits car into 2 pieces, triggers fire
- Man dies while swimming off Cape Hatteras Ocracoke Island beach in North Carolina
- US Navy ship on fire at San Diego base; at least 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured