VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Animal Control is looking for the owner of a West Highland White Terrier that they believe was severely neglected.
The dog was found wandering by a resident around 6:45 a.m. in the 1300 block of Sir Richard Road on June 17.
Police say the dog, an adult female, had severe hair loss, skin infection, and emaciation.
Virginia Beach Crime Solvers say the dog had been rehomed about nine months ago.
Virginia Beach Animal Control says the dog is doing find under the care of “loving vet staff.”
The dog already has a rescue that’s approved to take her.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
Those who want further information on the dog should message the Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center.
- PHOTOS: New Springmaid Pier designed to survive Cat 4 storm
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment
- LIST: Where you’ll quarantine if traveling to or from South Carolina
- FL Sheriff: ‘I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt’