VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – VDOT will close a portion of Winwood Drive at eastbound Laskin Road for about one month while contractor crews perform utility work beginning as early as Jan. 14.
The closure, near the Laskin Road Annex, will limit turns onto Winwood Drive on the southside of Laskin Road, but mainline Laskin Road will remain open at all times.
VDOT said while the work is underway, a signed detour will direct motorists to access Winwood Drive by continuing down eastbound Laskin Road, turning onto the outside feeder lanes, and utilizing Fremac Drive and Reynard Drive before re-accessing Winwood Drive.
Motorists traveling westbound on Laskin Road and attempting to access Winwood Drive on the southside of Laskin Road will be able to make a U-turn and follow the same detour as eastbound traffic.
All work, part of the Laskin Road Bridge Replacement and Widening Project, is weather-dependent and subject to change, VDOT said.
- Police responding to shooting at Heritage High School in Newport News, students being evacuated
- Suffolk woman set fire to apartment building Sunday morning, authorities say
- Virginia Sept. 20 COVID-19 update: Va. reporting around 3,600 new cases, 32 deaths per day; 549 in ICU
- Man grazed by a bullet shows up at Norfolk hospital
- Newsfeed Now: Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito; Traffic flagger brings smiles to people stuck in jam