LAKE TOWNSHIP, Ohio (AP/WAVY) – Two Virginia Beach residents have been arrested after authorities said they were found walking on railroad tracks behind an Ohio airport with shovels, a pitchfork and a backpack containing a gun and ammunition.
38-year-old John and 33-year-old Vicki Davison, both of Virginia Beach, face numerous charges.
According to Paul Dobson, Wood County Prosecuting Attorney, the Davisons are each facing two felonies and two misdemeanors. The felonies are making terrorist threats and carrying concealed weapons. The misdemeanors are criminal trespass and inducing panic.
Each has a bond of $55,000.
The two were captured Monday behind the Toledo Executive Airport in Lake Township, which is a designated reliever airport for the Toledo Express Airport.
President Donald Trump was holding a rally Monday night at the main Toledo airport in Swanton, but there was no immediate indication the two events were linked.
FBI and Secret Service agents are involved in the ongoing investigation.
According to the Lake Township Police Department, a school in Ohio was put on lockdown as authorities investigated and K9 units searched the area. The school campus was reopened.
10 On Your Side briefly spoke with the mother of Vicki Davison, who called the situation “tragic.”
- Some Virginia colleges reverse vaccine mandate for staff, following governor’s order
- ‘He was … right here’: Synagogue hostage-taker had stayed at Dallas homeless shelter
- Convicted murderer charged in unsolved killings in Virginia and Maryland
- WWII dog tag belonging to Raleigh soldier found in Italy
- Police rule fall that killed mother, toddler at San Diego stadium a murder-suicide