VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Service members and their families will once again be able to get a free Christmas tree during the 13th Annual Trees for Troops event Friday.
On Dec. 4., Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story (JEBLCFS) in partnership with Trees for Troops will be handing out the trees to Hampton Roads military families.
Service members must pre-register and will receive a designated time slot to pick up their free tree. Pre-register in person at the JEB Fort Story MWR One-Stop (864 Omaha Road – one block from the Fort Story Gym), from Nov. 25 through Dec. 2 at 6:30 p.m., with a valid military ID to reserve a tree.
This is a rain, snow, or shine event and walk-ins will not be accepted.
Trees are available for Active Duty E-1 to E-6 or any ranks in EFMP, Wounded Warriors and Hardship Circumstances only.
For more information, click here.
- Immigration advocates ask Biden for humanitarian assistance, clarity for refugees
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration
- VA House passes bill to keep some pandemic election changes; Republican leader casts doubt on results