VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Fire officials in Virginia Beach say a “small number” of firefighters are currently being evaluated after possibly coming into contact with a COVID-19 case.
Art Kohn, fire department spokesman, said the firefighters have been taken off-duty as a precaution.
They are all in self-quarantine.
As of 3:45 p.m., none of them had tested positive for the virus.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- New Orleans jazz legend Ellis Marsalis Jr. died of COVID-19 complications at age 85, son says
- ‘The greatest challenge of my career’: Va. nurse to help COVID-19 patients in flooded New York City hospitals
- New federal rules to help states combat coronavirus patient surge
- How coronavirus can impact your credit score
- Newport News Police respond to shooting on Monitor Court