Volunteers are needed as poll monitors during early voting and they are needed for multiple positions on Election Day November 3.
“When everyday voters from our communities get turned away from the polls, have questions about voting rules, don’t know where to go vote, or get blocked or disenfranchised while trying to vote, everyone loses, and we can’t let that happen on our watch. That’s why Election Protection matters. Volunteer with a shift during the early voting period or sign up for Election Day support,” the team said in a statement released.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Click here to volunteer as a poll monitor during the early vote period
- Click here to volunteer on Election Day
Once you sign up, the staff at the Virginia Civic Engagement Table will contact you directly. They will provide training to volunteers as well as masks and hand sanitizers. Stipends are also available for those who need them.
A reminder that voter registration ends October 13.
- 2 adults, 4 children displaced after early morning house fire in Suffolk
- Proposed $1,400 relief check should be reserved for those who get COVID-19 vaccine, GOP lawmaker says
- NC Jan. 22 COVID-19 update: More than 120 deaths reported as hospitalizations continue to drop
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial
- Atlanta Braves remember Hank Aaron