Volunteers are needed as poll monitors during early voting and they are needed for multiple positions on Election Day November 3.
“When everyday voters from our communities get turned away from the polls, have questions about voting rules, don’t know where to go vote, or get blocked or disenfranchised while trying to vote, everyone loses, and we can’t let that happen on our watch. That’s why Election Protection matters. Volunteer with a shift during the early voting period or sign up for Election Day support,” the team said in a statement released.
Here’s how to get involved:
- Click here to volunteer as a poll monitor during the early vote period
- Click here to volunteer on Election Day
Once you sign up, the staff at the Virginia Civic Engagement Table will contact you directly. They will provide training to volunteers as well as masks and hand sanitizers. Stipends are also available for those who need them.
A reminder that voter registration ends October 13.
- Biden administration releases 22,000 additional H-2B visas
- ODU turns to Taylor Heinicke in new season ticket campaign
- California man accused of punching Asian American couple, threatening US Olympian in park
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID pandemic
- Chauvin likely to appeal, claiming trial tainted by civil settlement, media coverage