VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach police have made an arrest after a double shooting Sunday night that sent two people to the hospital.
32-year-old Derrell Lee Oglesby, of Virginia Beach, was arrested and charged with use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, aggravated malicious wounding, and discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling.
Police say the shooting happened around 9 p.m. at Twin Canal Village.
Officers found two victims in the area: one man was found with a gunshot wound in the 3700 block of Whitney Court and with another man in the 3800 block of Keelboat Circle.
Police say both men were transported to a local hospital with injuries not considered to be life-threatening.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is encouraged to call Virginia Beach Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip via p3tips.com.
- Coronavirus guidelines now the rule at the White House
- Dave Chappelle tests positive for coronavirus, cancels shows
- Fairfax casts tie-breaking vote in Virginia Senate, bill to move all local elections to Nov. goes forward
- See any parking or transportation issues you want to see improve at the Oceanfront? The city wants to hear from you
- Virginians are traveling to North Carolina for COVID-19 vaccinations, and they’re receiving them