VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police have arrested a man following an overnight shooting at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront that injured one person.
Virginia Beach Police were called to the 200 block of 18th Street just after 2 a.m. Police say one person was found to have non life-threatening injuries.
Police say they initially located and detained a possible suspect without incident.
After further investigation, the alleged suspect, identified as 26-year-old Suffolk resident Kashaun Ricks, was arrested and charged with felonious assault, use of a firearm in commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Stay with WAVY-TV for the latest information on this breaking story.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submit a tip online.
- Destination Vacation heading to Fork Shoals, South Carolina
- West Virginia soldier’s surprise return brings his family to tears
- Drug addicts are being enticed to commit murder for $150, Chihuahua AG says
- Ironman triathlete urges fellow COVID-19 survivors to donate life-saving plasma
- North Myrtle Beach sea turtle patrol finds more than 100 dead hatchlings after hurricane