VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach police said a pedestrian was seriously injured in a crash on Newtown Road at the intersection of Connie Lane Wednesday night.
Police said the pedestrian was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The call came in reporting the incident at 6:37 p.m. on Newtown Road.
The person was struck by a white 2010 Ford sedan.
Police tweeted around 8:30 p.m. saying northbound and southbound lanes of the road were closed from Daniel Smith Road to Baker Road.
The road reopened by 9:15 p.m.
The crash is still under investigation.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent
- Norfolk Police investigating fatal stabbing, person of interest detained