VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Public health officials recommend getting the flu shot early this season as they project a major strain on the health care systems once the two viruses converge.
Rite Aid announced on Thursday that the company is now offering seasonal flu shots to all age groups at locations throughout Hampton Roads.
If interested, they are also offering a Zoom interview with Rite Aid’s regional pharmacy leader, who can discuss the importance of early flu vaccinations this year, as well as provide guidance with preparing for flu season.
“Rite Aid has remained on the front lines helping communities during these challenging times, and our team of certified immunizing pharmacists are the whole-being health advocates customers can depend on for guidance this flu season,” said Jocelyn Konrad, executive vice president and chief pharmacy officer, Rite Aid.
“Our trusted pharmacists are here seven days a week to offer a holistic approach to keeping our communities as healthy as possible, including insight into ancillary vaccines, as well as vitamins, supplements and wellness products that can support immunity and overall health.”
Read the full release here.
- Friday night football returns to Hampton Roads for first time in over a year
- Chesapeake man convicted of murdering wife in 2017
- Old Dominion win stay hot, knock off Middle Tennessee 67-61
- Lady Gaga’s French bulldogs recovered safely
- Full Snow Moon is this weekend, and you can see 3 planets at sunrise