VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — The rainbow crosswalk mural has returned to the ViBe Creative District, and this time it’s for good.
What started as an intersection mural in 2016, is now a permanent four-sided crosswalk.
“Thank you to Virginia Beach City Government advocate Councilman Michael Berlucchi and Virginia Beach Arts for supporting making this important message of welcoming and inclusivity for all Virginians permanent,” the District posted to social media Saturday.
The original work was painted by Allison Termine and Hampton Roads Pride.
- Turtle crashes through windshield, hits 71-year-old in head; both OK
- Blog: Brief Cold Surge. Warmer Pattern Returns Eventually.
- Man arrested this week, charged with murder in 2018 Newport News homicide
- Bodycam video shows Michigan officer punch man during traffic stop over littering
- Couple tried to hold wedding at Florida mansion they didn’t own