VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) -- A woman was critically injured Saturday afternoon in Virginia Beach after a driver crashed into a parked vehicle.
Virginia Beach police said 28-year-old Richard L. Buckhout Jr. was driving eastbound on in the 3200 block of Edinburgh Drive when he hit the parked vehicle.
Police said a woman who was exiting the vehicle at the time suffered significant injuries and was taken to a local hospital, where she remains in critical condition.
Buckhout was taken into police custody following the crash.
Police charged him with driving under the influence (DUI), maiming as a result of DUI, possession of a schedule IV substance and two traffic violations: state inspection required and no liability insurance.
Buckhout is being held at Virginia Beach Correctional Facility without bond.
- 11 tornadoes touched down in Virginia, NC, National Weather Service says
- Storms down trees, knock out power for thousands across the region
- Hampton Police investigating deadly shooting off of Shell Road
- New MacArthur Memorial exhibit tells story of special relationship from WWII
- Alexander says he's committed to bringing new arena to Norfolk
- Larceny suspect wanted by Virginia Beach police
- NWS confirms tornado touched down near Smith Mountain Lake
Weather Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Hampton Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Virginia Beach Copyright by WAVY - All rights reserved
Norfolk Copyright by WAVY - All rights reserved
Local News Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.