VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police are investigating a double shooting Sunday night that left one dead and one with injuries.
That call came in just before 7:40 p.m. for a shooting near 4300 Pleasant Valley Road.
Police arrived on the scene and found two men with gunshot wounds — one was pronounced dead and the other transported to a hospital with injuries not considered to be life-threatening.
Homicide detectives are actively investigating this case, and police say there is currently no suspect information.
There is no further information at this time.
The Pleasant Valley Road shooting was one of three shootings Sunday/early Monday morning morning in Virginia Beach. Police are also investigating another double shooting that left two men with non life-threatening injuries around 9 p.m. Sunday on Twin Canal Village, and a homicide on Pacific Avenue early Monday morning.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is encouraged to call Virginia Beach Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip via p3tips.com.
This is a breaking news story that will be updated as information becomes available.
- Virginia General Assembly passes bill to make some abortions more affordable
- Foodbank of the Albemarle expands to provide more meals
- Hope instead of hostility: Outlook brighter for area’s immigrant community with new administration
- All border wall construction projects must stop by Wednesday, contractors are told
- Sailor from Hampton Roads says Biden lifting transgender military ban makes ‘us a stronger nation’