VIRGINIA BEACH (WAVY) — Virginia Beach police are investigating on Campus Drive across from Virginia Wesleyan University after a gunshot victim was found on Thursday morning.
Police say the call came in at 10:08 a.m. from the 5600 block of Campus Drive. The man who was shot was taken to the hospital with a non life-threatening wound, police say.
Police say 30-year-old Virginia Beach resident Sydnesia Lynn Diggs was arrested in connection to the incident and was charged with charged with aggravated malicious wounding and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.
The scene was still active as of 11:10 a.m. and police said there’s no threat to the public.
This is breaking article. Check back for updates.
- VCU Police warns of man who followed students home
- Al Roker gets fist bump from President Biden during inauguration parade
- Richmond police arrest man accused of killing cousin of Washington Football Team player
- The heartwarming story behind Bernie Sanders’ iconic Inauguration mittens
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden