VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police are actively searching for a subject who they say was involved in a shooting on Saturday afternoon.
Virginia Beach Police tweeted about the incident, saying they responded to the 4300 block of Holland Road at a Wawa just before 4 p.m.
Once on the scene, police learned the victim had already arrived at a local hospital via a private vehicle. Police say the person’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Police say the victim was in one vehicle when people inside of another vehicle fired shots.
No further information is available.
This is a breaking news story.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says
- Secretary of State makes surprise trip to Afghanistan after Biden announces he’s pulling troops from region
- Windsor mayor on controversial traffic stop: ‘It has created a scar on Windsor’
- ODU Baseball among best in the country hitting home runs
- Virginia Beach women to get new home thanks to Habitat for Humanity program