VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a hit-and-run crash involving a pedestrian led to a fatality on Saturday, Oct. 3.
The incident happened just before 7 p.m. in the 1600 block of Virginia Beach Boulevard.
The initial investigation revealed that that the pedestrian, identified by police as 60-year-old Willie James Jefferson, was crossing Virginia Beach Blvd. when he was struck by a vehicle travelling westbound, which knocked him to the ground into the eastbound lanes. Police say the victim was then run over by two other vehicles. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The first vehicle that hit the pedestrian fled the area, but no arrests have been made at this time.
Police are still looking for the driver that left the scene of the crash. The suspect vehicle should have significant front end damage, police said.
If you have any information that could help police find the vehicle or the driver, please contact Virginia Beach Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887)
- Passenger on JetBlue flight tried to storm cockpit, choke flight attendant with necktie, FBI says
- Biden delivers remarks after CDC endorses COVID booster for older Americans
- Tractor-trailer catches on fire in westbound lane of I-64 in Portsmouth
- Busch Gardens fight: Investigators looking for group of men who attacked two others, police say
- Blog: Cool Down Is Here. Weekend Looks Great! Tracking Hurricane Sam.