VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a hit-and-run crash involving a pedestrian led to a fatality on Saturday, Oct. 3.
The incident happened just before 7 p.m. in the 1600 block of Virginia Beach Boulevard.
The initial investigation revealed that that the pedestrian, identified by police as 60-year-old Willie James Jefferson, was crossing Virginia Beach Blvd. when he was struck by a vehicle travelling westbound, which knocked him to the ground into the eastbound lanes. Police say the victim was then run over by two other vehicles. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The first vehicle that hit the pedestrian fled the area, but no arrests have been made at this time.
Police are still looking for the driver that left the scene of the crash. The suspect vehicle should have significant front end damage, police said.
If you have any information that could help police find the vehicle or the driver, please contact Virginia Beach Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887)
- Parentless Florida teen not ‘mature’ enough to seek abortion, court rules
- Pilot ‘may have gotten sick’ before deadly mid-flight fall in North Carolina, NTSB report reveals
- GM recalls 484K SUVs over a problem with seat belts
- Suffolk Electoral Board meets on alleged forged petition signatures
- NBA: No games on Election Day