VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a hit-and-run crash involving a pedestrian led to a fatality on Saturday, Oct. 3.
The incident happened just before 7 p.m. in the 1600 block of Virginia Beach Boulevard.
The initial investigation revealed that that the pedestrian, identified by police as 60-year-old Willie James Jefferson, was crossing Virginia Beach Blvd. when he was struck by a vehicle travelling westbound, which knocked him to the ground into the eastbound lanes. Police say the victim was then run over by two other vehicles. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The first vehicle that hit the pedestrian fled the area, but no arrests have been made at this time.
Police are still looking for the driver that left the scene of the crash. The suspect vehicle should have significant front end damage, police said.
If you have any information that could help police find the vehicle or the driver, please contact Virginia Beach Crime Solvers at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887)
- Ralph Yarl, teen shot after knocking on Kansas City door, walks at brain injury event
- Baby dies in hot car as parents attend church in Florida: Police
- Single mother wins $1M Pennsylvania Lottery prize
- Warren: Parts of the debt ceiling deal are ‘really bad’
- ‘As far as I know he’s under the rubble’: Families fear loved ones still in collapsed Davenport building