VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police responded to a crash involving a pedestrian Wednesday night in Virginia Beach.
Dispatchers say the call for the crash came in at 9:17 p.m. in the 3600 block of Shore Drive.
According to investigators, the pedestrian was crossing the road, not at a crosswalk, when the person was hit by an oncoming vehicle.
Police say the pedestrian was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Hampton Roads Human Trafficking Task Force sees increase of victims, especially minors, during pandemic
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- ‘My dog’s shot’: Police video shows deadly shootout that wounded Utah K-9