VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Part of London Bridge Road is closed to traffic due to a gas leak, according to the Virginia Beach Fire Department.
Southbound lanes between Central Avenue and International Parkway on London Bridge Road are closed.
Virginia Natural Gas and the VBFD are on the scene.
Closures are expected to last at least until 4:10 p.m.
According to Virginia Natural Gas, crews were on site to repair a service line that was damaged by a contractor working on an unrelated project. The service line has been repaired.
- Snow picks up and accumulates on roads in the region; wind also picking up
- Blog: Snow is Coming Down
- Gallery: First real snowfall of 2021 in Hampton Roads, & eastern North Carolina
- Mariners’ Museum in Newport News has Black History Month programming for all ages
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51