VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Animal Control are now investigating an incident after a dog attacked another dog at the beach last month.
Police responded to the scene around 11:40 p.m. on June 23 after receiving a call regarding a dog attacking another dog in the area of Lauderdale Avenue in Virginia Beach.
Officials say the victim dog was rushed by the owners to a local emergency clinic where the dog was humanely euthanized due to the injuries sustained during the attack.
The owner of the attacking dog, later identified 36-year-old Taryn N. Subeh was charged with one count each of having animals on the beach, failure to control animals, fail to pay taxes (no city license), failure to vaccinate a dog, as well as dangerous dog determination.
Subeh was released on summons.
Tha attacking dog is currently being held at Virginia Beach Animal Control until the court hearing which was Monday morning.
- Potential long-term closure at Centerville Turnpike Bridge in Chesapeake leaves businesses worried
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside
- Family of Norfolk shooting victim offering $10,000 reward for information leading to suspect’s arrest
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after shooting on Maplewood St. in Hampton
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison