VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Animal Control are now investigating an incident after a dog attacked another dog at the beach last month.
Police responded to the scene around 11:40 p.m. on June 23 after receiving a call regarding a dog attacking another dog in the area of Lauderdale Avenue in Virginia Beach.
Officials say the victim dog was rushed by the owners to a local emergency clinic where the dog was humanely euthanized due to the injuries sustained during the attack.
The owner of the attacking dog, later identified 36-year-old Taryn N. Subeh was charged with one count each of having animals on the beach, failure to control animals, fail to pay taxes (no city license), failure to vaccinate a dog, as well as dangerous dog determination.
Subeh was released on summons.
Tha attacking dog is currently being held at Virginia Beach Animal Control until the court hearing which was Monday morning.
- U.S. lawmakers disagree on how to curb violence during protests
- President Trump signs off on Great American Outdoors Act
- $35M in federal grants will pay for trafficking victim housing
- Kings Dominion to stay closed for remainder of 2020
- President Trump set to hold White House briefing Tuesday afternoon