VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A woman was sent to a local hospital following an accident in the parking lot of a PNC bank in Virginia Beach Monday afternoon.
According to Virginia Beach Police, the call for the accident came around 1:15 p.m. Monday.
The incident happened in the parking lot of a PNC bank located at 4806 Virginia Beach Boulevard in Virginia Beach.
The woman was sent to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Initial investigations revealed the woman had gone through the drive thru lane of the bank when she opened her door to retrieve something that was dropped.
Reports say the woman’s vehicle rolled forward and the door struck the building, pinning the woman in the car.
Witnesses who work at nearby businesses tell 10 On Your Side first responders had to break the passenger side windows to get to the woman.
This is breaking news. Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Cuomo aides altered nursing home report to hide COVID death count, reports say
- Newsfeed Now: Police reform debate heads to Senate, kidnapped Louisiana boys found in Florida
- Blog: Sunny And Cool Weekend
- Vaccine hunters are showing up at Virginia pharmacies in hopes of leftover doses
- James River Park official warns against unsafe water practices