VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A Virginia Beach man has been charged with murder after a woman was found dead Thursday night.
35-year-old Hagen Lawrence Roberts was detained shortly after police found 63-year-old Cynthia Sue Capp’s body in the 1200 block of Green Cedar Lane around 7:45 p.m. Police say both were listed as residents of the same address.
Police originally labeled the case a suspicious death, but later took out the murder charge against Roberts.
No other details in the case were released Friday morning, but police said it was still under active investigation.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Volunteers from churches, other groups giving voters rides to the polls
- Walmart files opioid-related lawsuit against the federal government
- Kid Rock, golfer John Daly asked to mask up in the audience at final presidential debate
- Bill could ban traffic stops for various violations in Virginia