VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police are investigating a motorcycle crash that left one dead early Saturday morning.
The single fatality was reported just after 2 a.m. in the 1300 block of Oceana Boulevard in Virginia Beach.
Investigators determined that the driver of a 2002 Harley Davidson — later identified as 31-year-old Andrew James Barker of Williamsburg — was traveling northwest on Oceana Boulevard where he lost control of the motorcycle.
He was ejected off the motorcycle which then struck two other vehicles, a 1991 Ford Bronco and a 2010 Hyundai Accent, traveling southeast on Oceana Boulevard on the opposite side of the roadway.
Barker was pronounced dead at the scene.
The other two drivers reported no injuries, according to police officials.
Virginia Beach police officials said that investigators believe that speed and alcohol were factors in the crash.
The incident is still under investigation by the Fatal Accident Crash Team and no further information is available at this time.
- Overnight shooting at Virginia Beach Oceanfront leaves one injured
- Norfolk police investigating double shooting overnight
- PHOTOS: New Springmaid Pier designed to survive Cat 4 storm
- Man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- World War II Vet and grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment