VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) -- A motorcyclist is dead and two people are in the hospital with life-threatening injuries following a crash Tuesday night on Virginia Beach Blvd.
It happened around 11:10 p.m. at the intersection of Wexford Drive.
Police say a preliminary investigation showed the motorcyclist was moving at a high rate of speed going west when they struck a vehicle that was attempting to turn left onto Wexford Drive.
The motorcyclist was killed, and the car that was struck overturned on impact. Two people inside the car were taken to the hospital with life-threatening wounds.
On Thursday, police identified the deceased as 36-year-old Sherese Latoia Brooks, of Virginia Beach.
The crash is still under investigation by VBPD's FACT team. Check back for updates.
- ‘Unprecedented' number of mosquitoes testing positive for West Nile in Suffolk
- 'I was one of these kids': Allen Iverson gives back to hometown Newport News Boys & Girls Club
- Greenies bar in Ocean View officially closing Sept. 5
- Man accused of attacking Hampton woman he met on dating app arrested
- Veteran who hasn't walked in 9 years bikes the east coast to raise money
- Shooting outside Suffolk barbershop leaves former state player of the year critical
- Man convicted in connection to death of girlfriend's 2-year-old daughter in Norfolk