VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police say a man died Monday night after a motorcycle crash on Atlantis Drive.
Virginia Beach dispatchers say the call came in reporting the single-motorcycle crash just before 9 p.m.
The crash happened in the 900 block of Atlantis Drive.
Police and EMS crews responded to the scene and found a man with significant injuries. He was pronounced dead while being taken to the hospital.
Initial investigation shows the motorcyclist was traveling on Atlantis Drive when he lost control and was ejected from the bike. He ultimately struck a tree.
The fatal crash team is investigating the incident.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Decades later, Congress nears repeal of both Iraq war authorizations
- Banking legislation piles up as wobbly market evolves
- Sen. Warner in Norfolk to present $1.6 million in federal funding
- Hampton police search for suspect in armed robbery
- Man seriously injured following shooting on Breckinridge Ct. in Hampton