VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – A portion of Laskin Road in Virginia Beach closed early Saturday morning following a two-vehicle accident which sent a man to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Reports say emergency crews received the call for a serious accident in the 1800 block of Laskin Road near Republic Road around 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
A man was taken to the hospital with what officials believed to be life-threatening injuries, however they have not released further information regarding the victim’s condition.
Officials say the accident is still under investigation.
Commuters were asked to avoid the eastbound roadways of Laskin Road between Republic Road and First Colonial Road.
As of 9:30 a.m. Saturday, the roadways have reopened.
Stay on WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Congress breaks tradition during pandemic; House members can submit bills electronically
- Home health care workers make plea for personal protective equipment — and a local woman answers
- Virginia man files lawsuit against Northam claiming executive orders violate state constitution
- Northam calls for deeper look into racial disparities in virus deaths as Virginia’s data remains incomplete
- Virus death toll at Canterbury reaches 35