VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) -- A man charged with felony animal cruelty in the death of a small dog in Virginia Beach pleaded guilty in court last week.
Craig Cadore, of Norfolk, is scheduled to be sentenced on July 8.
Virginia Beach Animal Control said the incident happened after Cadore watched a Yorkie at his girlfriend's Virginia Beach condo. She reportedly found the dog was not breathing when she returned home.
The dog was taken to BluePearl Pet Hospital in Chesapeake where it later died.
- Plan your trip to the Something in the Water festival
- State, local officials announce agreements for $3.8B HRBT expansion
- Blog: Warm Again Today. Strong Storms Possible Friday.
- Police: Person detained after BB gun fired at VB school bus
- Police: 2 children, 2 adults injured in Chesapeake crash
- Ex-Vice President Biden launches 2020 presidential campaign
- Pharrell attends local 'Battle of the Bands' event ahead of Something in the Water