VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – A Virginia Beach Fire Department employee was involved in an auto-pedestrian crash Tuesday afternoon.
Police spokesperson Linda Kuehn confirmed that Virginia Beach Fire Department’s Public Information Officer Art Kohn sustained serious injuries following the crash and is currently in critical condition.
The fatal crash team responded to the scene at Rudee Point Road and Southside Road.
Officials say Kohn was hit by the vehicle while he was walking along Rudee Point Road.
Kohn was also a longtime former WAVY employee who worked as a military reporter for several years.
Officials confirmed that the truck involved in the accident stayed at the scene.
Stay with WAVY on air and online for updates.
- Bienvenidos a En Punto, un programa de noticias breve en español
- College history instructor calls for ‘rally by the you-know-what’ to halt Cullman pride event
- White House says Walorski was ‘top of mind’ in response to Biden gaffe
- Hampton Roads Transit hosts career fair Oct. 7
- Portsmouth casino hosts final job fair Wednesday