VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – A Virginia Beach Fire Department employee was involved in an auto-pedestrian crash Tuesday afternoon.
Police spokesperson Linda Kuehn confirmed that Virginia Beach Fire Department’s Public Information Officer Art Kohn sustained serious injuries following the crash and is currently in critical condition.
The fatal crash team responded to the scene at Rudee Point Road and Southside Road.
Officials say Kohn was hit by the vehicle while he was walking along Rudee Point Road.
Kohn was also a longtime former WAVY employee who worked as a military reporter for several years.
Officials confirmed that the truck involved in the accident stayed at the scene.
Stay with WAVY on air and online for updates.
- CDC: Early figures show unvaccinated at much higher risk for monkeypox
- Why do hurricanes cause tornadoes at landfall?
- National Coffee Day: Where to get free or discounted coffee on Sept. 29
- Could Hurricane Ian become a Category 5 storm?
- Biden asks if lawmaker killed in August accident is in attendance at White House event