VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – A homicide investigation is underway after one man died in an overnight shooting at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
Virginia Beach Police say they were notified around 12:32 a.m. for a gunshot wound in the 3000 block of Pacific Avenue. Police arrived on scene and located 26-year-old Calvin Demerius Allen of Henderson, North Carolina, who was pronounced deceased on scene.
This is the second homicide investigation in the past 12 hours after police responded to a double shooting that injured one man and killed another on Pleasant Valley Road at around 7:40 p.m. on Sunday. Police are also investigating another double shooting that left two men with non life-threatening injuries around 9 p.m. Sunday on Twin Canal Village.
There are no other details at this time.
Anyone with any information on this fatal shooting, are asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP or submitting a tip p3tips.com.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for the latest updates.
- Dose of Clarity: Western Tidewater Health District expected to stop administering doses to people outside the district
- Dose of Clarity: Managing COVID-19 vaccine expectations
- Chapter 4: A Numbers Game
- Businesses at Virginia Beach Oceanfront optimistic about eased COVID-19 restrictions
- Calhoun leads No. 11 Seminoles over Miami