VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police say they are investigating after a juvenile boy walked into a local hospital with a gunshot wound.
Police say he arrived at the hospital around 9:45 p.m. Monday with injuries that are not considered life-threatening.
Initial investigation by police indicates the boy was shot in the 3900 block of Holland Road.
Police say they have a person of interest in custody.
There is no perceived threat to public safety, police said.
The age of the boy and whether there will be charges against the person of interest is unclear.
Police did not release any additional information.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- 2 high school teachers in Norfolk selected to paint BLM mural in NEON District
- Hampton Roads Human Trafficking Task Force sees increase of victims, especially minors, during pandemic
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car