VIRGINIA BEACH (WAVY) — Virginia Beach police have responded to a serious crash Friday afternoon at Providence and Kempsville roads.
Police didn’t have many details in tweet, but dispatchers said only one car was involved and power lines were down in the area. Injuries were reported, but as of 2 p.m. no one was taken to the hospital. The call for the crash came in at 1 p.m.
At 2:14 p.m., police said the intersection would be closed for several hours.
Dominion Energy reported 674 customers in that area without power as of 3:45 p.m. The estimated time of restoration was between 6 and 11 p.m.
No other details are available at this time, but check back for updates.
- Thirsty Camel owner says he’ll rebuild, Norfolk considers launch of Ocean View tourism fund
- Booker T Washington High School reopens baseball field after new upgrades
- 1 injured after shooting on London Street in Norfolk
- Glenn Youngkin wins Republican nomination for Virginia governor after Snyder concedes
- VB officers recover handgun, drugs after arresting convicted felon