VIRGINIA BEACH (WAVY) — Virginia Beach police have responded to a serious crash Friday afternoon at Providence and Kempsville roads.
Police didn’t have many details in tweet, but dispatchers said only one car was involved and power lines were down in the area. Injuries were reported, but as of 2 p.m. no one was taken to the hospital. The call for the crash came in at 1 p.m.
At 2:14 p.m., police said the intersection would be closed for several hours.
Dominion Energy reported 674 customers in that area without power as of 3:45 p.m. The estimated time of restoration was between 6 and 11 p.m.
No other details are available at this time, but check back for updates.
- Black businesses: Surviving and thriving during the pandemic
- Quadriplegic VB man receives gift to hunt again after crash paralyzed him
- Biden’s first Cabinet picks diverse, historic
- Lawmakers push to pass COVID-19 relief bill before the end of the year
- Chopper 10: Celebrating decades of covering Hampton Roads from the air