VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – The Virginia Beach Fire Department responded to a fire on 71st Street Wednesday afternoon.
The City of Virginia Beach issued a tweet about the fire just after 3:30 p.m. It was declared out at 3:42 p.m.
Atlantic Avenue was impassible at 71st Street in both directions due to the fire for about an hour.
A firefighter was reported to have one minor injury, but there were no injuries reported to residents or pets.
Virginia Beach Fire Department said the cause of the fire was due to maintenance on the fireplace and was accidental.
Two adults and two dogs were displaced due to smoke damage.
Check WAVY.com for the latest updates.