VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Health Department confirmed its fifth case of coronavirus on March 16.
The patient is a 49-year-old male that recently traveled internationally to a high-risk area affected by the virus.
After returning home from travel, he followed proper self-isolation guidelines. Once he developed symptoms, he contacted health officials where he was tested at a private laboratory.
- Two injured in Norfolk crash on E. Princess Anne Road & Tidewater Drive
- Congresswoman Luria joins efforts to fund special education during coronavirus
- Norfolk PD investigate double homicide on Colonial Avenue
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation
- Dems want universal vote-by-mail during COVID-19 pandemic but GOP is pushing back