VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Health Department confirmed its fifth case of coronavirus on March 16.
The patient is a 49-year-old male that recently traveled internationally to a high-risk area affected by the virus.
After returning home from travel, he followed proper self-isolation guidelines. Once he developed symptoms, he contacted health officials where he was tested at a private laboratory.
- One person killed, another wounded in shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- COVID-19 puts traditional visits with Santa to the test
- New businesses celebrate opening up shop in Hampton amid coronavirus pandemic
- Norfolk Southern train hits vehicle in Downtown Suffolk; driver able to escape
- You can now buy medical marijuana in Richmond