VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police said a crash resulted in a fatality Friday night on Holland Road.
Police responded around 8 p.m. to a report of a two-vehicle crash with possible injuries at the intersection of Holland Road and Governors Way.
When officers arrived on the scene, the man driving one of the vehicles involved fled the scene on foot and was “apprehended a short distance later by officers.” Police also said the driver was transported by Emergency Medical Services to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The victim driver, an adult woman, succumbed to her injuries at the scene of the crash.
Police say that at this time, speed and alcohol may be contributing factors to the crash. The case remains under investigation by members of the Fatal Crash Team (FACT).
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Yellen says Trump administration ‘decimated’ financial oversight
- ‘QAnon Shaman’ released from prison, transferred to halfway house
- Progressives urge Biden to use executive powers to advance their agenda
- Kirby: White House working to gain access to detained Wall Street Journal reporter
- Motorcyclist dies in Route 460 crash in Sussex County